lunedì 1 giugno 2015

The beginning of the week!


Hi again!

This first week I decided to focus on organizing my weekly cooking times by planning menus, writing down recipes and making the grocery list in advance so that I can save time.

Tomorrow I'll have two important appointments so I will have no the time for planning.

Preparing meals takes a lot of my thinking and energy and I want to be organized in order to provide my family with good and healthy food.

Today I start with BREAKFAST!

Not only because it is the most important meal of the day and also the first, but mainly because I know exactly what we have everyday, so not a lot of thinking here! :-)

Here you can find our four options:
1. English tea with biscuits or bread, butter and jam
 Image result for English tea with biscuits

2. milk with cocoa powder, bread and jam (no butter)
 Image result for milk bread jam

3. yoghurt, cereals, fresh fruits, almond and raisins
Image result for yogurt, fresh fruits, almond and raisins

4. fruits smoothies
Image result for smoothies
The three smoothies we prefer are: 
  • milk or vanilla yoghurt, banana and strawberries
  • milk or vanilla yoghurt, banana and kiwi
  • milk or vanilla yoghurt and strawberries

As for the jam, we prefer home-made ones.
My mother-in-law makes delicious jams!
Those that we love the most are rhubarb; banana and rhubarb and strawberries.

Image result for confiture de rhubarbe

Last week I made the rhubarb jam and it is very simple.
1 kilo of rhubarb (you can use the frosted one as weel if it is easier for you)
700 gr of sugar
Put them together in a saucepan and let them rest a whole night. The day after just add some drops of vanilla and let cook gently until the couleur changes to gold. 

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento